WHY REGISTER TO VOTE NOW?
The last day to register to vote in the 2018 Massachusetts General Election is Wednesday, October 17th. All Massachusetts US congressional seats and one Massachusetts US Senate seat will be decided on November 6, 2018.
Additionally, MA voters will elect state senators and representatives, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of the Commonwealth and other state officials, and vote on three ballot questions.
To be eligible to register or preregister to vote, you must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Be 18 years old to register, 16 and 17 years old to preregister*
- Provide a valid driver’s license number or the last four digits of SSN. If you have neither,you may still register to vote and will be asked for ID at the polls
WHERE CAN I REGISTER?
- Online: https:www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr
- At your Town Clerk’s office: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleclk/clkidx.htm#
- Downloadable mail-in form: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/Voter-reg-mail-in.pdf
- At a League of Women Voters’ Voter Registration Event: See upcoming events on your localLeague’s website: https://lwvma.org/leagues-in-massachusetts/massachusetts-leagues/
2018 BALLOT QUESTIONS
LWVMA VOTERS GUIDE
*To vote in the 2018 General Election, registered voters must be 18 years of age on or before November 6, 2018. Preregistered voters automatically become eligible to vote on their 18th birthdays.